Mental health is:
Fell ill person experiences their time more realistic than the reality in which we all live: the man otherwise aware of the environment in their own way understands what he says sometimes hear, see or smell it, you really do not, and no one fails to convince that it is wrong.
Mental health disorders are varied, it is worth recognizing. Experience these symptoms:
- Physical symptoms include fluctuations in blood pressure, digestive disorders, changes in appetite, weight loss, etc.
- Emotional symptoms of stress, inner discomfort, foreboding, etc.
- Cognitive: attention disorders, changes in attitude around and refer to themselves lost the knowledge, experience, etc.
- Perception: the sounds and smells that are not, experiences, non-existent in reality, etc.
- Reasoning: abnormal or false ideas and beliefs, the impact of foreign forces, the belief that the person harassed, poisoned, or observed it became extraordinarily powerful, magnificent, etc.
- Behavior: aggressive or bizarre behavior, incomprehensible behavior, postures, grimaces, gestures, etc.
Suicides jeopardize signs
Previous suicide attempts. Attempts to commit suicide occurs 10 times more often than suicide. Attempted suicide is likely to recur, especially if after the first attempt was not given the necessary support.
Speech signals. If a man say, „I want to die, I am going to meet with the dead sister, often formed by a provision that the person wants to draw attention to himself. It is important to know why he chooses this way to draw attention to itself when there are other ways to be noticed.
Thinking signals. Changes in the thinking of suicide. The world is viewed lesser scale, the number of options decreases, the words „always,“ „never,“ „Forever,“ „only“ and the like. Eg .: „Only my mother loved me,“ No, I … unnecessary. “
Emotional clues. People prone to suicide experiencing hopelessness, feelings of helplessness, express it in words, „I can not change anything,“ the teacher not do anything … „Adolescents who are thinking of suicide, it seems that they are losers, useless.
Sudden changes in behavior. Often this takes place after a painful event in life. A man tends to communicate, suddenly becomes closed, lost interest in what previously was interested in talking about death. These hints can mean a threat, a warning of an impending suicide.
In assessing the likelihood of suicide risk after a painful event in life special attention should be paid to those individuals:
- Who are very much lost (close people, all I had);
- Which can be depressed guilt and responsibility because of what happened;
- There are a considerable impact, behaves in an erratic, unpredictable, unable to concentrate, perceive them spoken information;
- When it is known that a person has or has had in the past mental health problems;
- Directly or indirectly, the language or referred to the reluctance to live;
- Trying to injure themselves or behave very aggressively seeks revenge on those who assigns guilt.
Actions recommended suspicion of suicide threat:
- Immediately ensure oversight and not leave a single person;
- To create conditions to vent feelings, to help understand as much as possible to reduce tensions and find out the cause of emotional stress;
- From the environment to eliminate potential suicide measures, as far as possible to ensure that the impulsive person did what was not hurt yourself and cause life-threatening (delay from places where there are steps that can result in personal injury, jumping from high places, and so on.)
- Warn other professionals working with someone about suicide threat;
- Get in contact with professionals who continue to foster and oversee person, wait until this is done.
Mental disorders can be reduced:
- healthy lifestyle;
- appropriate work and rest;
- healthy eating;
- bad habits – drinking, smoking, drug avoidance.
How can we help patients with mental illness?
The main thing – to provide professional assistance as soon as possible and at the earliest possible stage of the disease. The sooner a sick person will start to treat, the better results it will reach in life.
If you think that you or your loved one need psychological help can contact below listed contacts or institution acceptable to you, the individual, but the delay.